Trico gives $40,000 in POWER Grants in 2013
Trico gave another $40,000 in 2013 to five area non-profits as part of its annual POWER Grants program. The program, which stands for Providing Opportunities with Effective Resources, gives grants up to $10,000 to individual agencies. This year, five agencies were selected:
- Altar Valley School District, $10,000 POWER Grant: The POWER Grant will be used to fund the Altar Valley Family Assistance Program, which provides winter jackets, clothing, food, and toiletries for district children, grades K-8.
- Aviva Children's Services, $5,000 POWER Grant: POWER Grant monies will be used for the Abused Children's Fund, which provides basic resources for children in the care of Child Protective Services in the Marana area.
- Marana Community Food Bank, $5,000 POWER Grant: POWER Grant funds will be used to purchase peanut butter for food boxes.
- Marana Unified School District, $10,000 POWER Grant: POWER Pack program. POWER Grant monies will help fund the POWER Pack program, which provides backpacks of food for the weekend for children in need at Picture Rocks, Estes and Roadrunner Elementary Schools.
- United Community Health Center, $10,000 POWER Grant: POWER Grant funds will be used to provide dental care to children in need in the Arivaca, Green Valley, Sahuarita, Sopori, and Three Points areas.
Applications and funding focus for the 2014 POWER Grants program will be announced in the fall.
- Job Openings
- Residential Customers
- Commercial Customers
- Low-cost Trees for Your Home
- Renewable Energy Programs
- About Trico
- Trico in the Community
- Trico TV
- Wi-POWER High-Speed Internet
- Co-op Connections Card
- Trico's Rates
- Trico Service Area Map